Brown Sugar Banana Bread (from The Back in the Day Cookbook)
[Makes 1 9 inch loaf and two mini loaves]
- 2 c flour
- 3/4 c packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 t soda
- 1/2 t fine sea salt
- 1 t ground mace (didn’t have so I used nutmeg)
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 c pecans toasted and chopped (I substituted 1/2 c mini chocolate chips)
- 1 1/2 c well-mashed ripe banana (about 3)
- 1/4 c sour cream (I used reduced fat)
- 2 large eggs
- 6 T melted butter, unsalted
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 T dark brown sugar for sprinkling (I only had light)
In a large bowl mix first 7 ingredients. Set aside. In a medium bowl. mix everything left except the extra brown sugar. Gently fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture. Scrape it into a lightly sprayed with Pam 9 by 5 inch loaf pan. I had enough extra batter for 2 mini loaves. Sprinkle the tops with the 2T brown sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes. The mini’s took 25 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temp. Enjoy with a little butter and a cold glass of milk.