Portugal Part I: Lisbon

8 Jun

We arrived in Lisbon and were met with amazing weather. On our first day, we walked down into the historic section of town, full of cafes, beautiful buildings, and great shops. We stopped for lunch and then later coffee and dessert before meeting our friends for dinner.

On day two, before meeting my parents at the airport, we headed back to the same area of town for breakfast, pasteis de Belem (a delicious flaky custard tartlet and the national pastry of Portugal) and a little shopping. I’ll post pictures of ALL of the purchases I made when I get home to Jordan.

Next up, the Algarve…sun, beach, and seafood…

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

About these ads

18 Responses to “Portugal Part I: Lisbon”

1. Marti Hunter June 8, 2012 at 10:16 pm #

Looks like a beautiful city. So glad your parents will be meeting you! Have a wonderful, wonderful time. The wine is good here :)

2. originalapplejunkie June 8, 2012 at 10:59 pm #

I’m in Portugal, Lisbon actually! It’s am amazing city!!!!

3. originalapplejunkie June 8, 2012 at 11:00 pm #

*an

4. NTP June 9, 2012 at 12:04 am #

And what gifts did you buy me? Tell mom and dad that their dog just ate the peanuts in the nut dish and she grabbed about 10 pieces of salt water taffy from my summertime candy display. Lots of bite marks through the paper of the taffy but as far as I can tell, she only ate half of a grape one. All while I was at work. She seems no worse for the wear though. She’s a crafty little thing who loves to eat!

• jenmaaninamman June 9, 2012 at 4:38 am #

Under my direction, mom has bought you a couple of things so far. We’re saving the BIG stuff for you in France.
      If the dog is not well when they get back, no gifts for you.

• NTP June 9, 2012 at 3:53 pm #

Oh believe you me, she is more than well. I watched her climb up on my front room coffee table looking like a mountain goat looking for the salt water taffy that I had moved. I was wondering how she got it. Now I know she just kept jumping on top of the table while I was gone. Clever.

• NTP June 9, 2012 at 7:14 pm #

Oh, BTW, your shorts look a little short. Any complaints?

• jenmaaninamman June 18, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

Considering that I haven’t worn shorts in OVER ONE YEAR, I don’t care what anyone says.

5. kalamitykelli June 9, 2012 at 12:12 am #

So beautiful! Thanks for taking us along!

6. Dave June 9, 2012 at 2:25 pm #

Lisbon looks like a great place to be! Those pictures look great. And the food looks so tasty! I hope you two had a wonderful time. :)

7. Kim M. Hatfield June 10, 2012 at 5:57 am #

My grandfather was from Portugal, so really loved the pics!

8. The Vagabond Baker June 10, 2012 at 11:34 am #

Lisbon looks fabulous! those pastries look absolutely delicious too!

9. notsoskinnycook June 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm #

Enjoy your trip! Thanks for sharing…

10. ButterSugarFlowers June 11, 2012 at 4:38 pm #

Looks like an amazing place, and the pastries look incredible!

11. Joana ID June 19, 2012 at 10:28 am #

I live near Lisbon and I really love it! I know it’s my hometown, but I still think it’s one of the best places to visit/live in!

• jenmaaninamman June 22, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

We loved Lisbon–the people food and the beautiful buildings. You are lucky to live there.

12. restlessjo June 20, 2012 at 6:35 am #

Oh wow, you’re the first person I’ve met in Amman! I know that you’re writing about Lisbon in this piece but I just had to say “hi”, and thanks for visiting. I love Portugal and recently entered a photo for the Picture the World Project, of Obidos, not too far from Lisbon.http://restlessjo.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/picture-the-world/

13. Bron August 7, 2012 at 7:49 pm #

I fell in love with Portugal when I visited Lisbon, Porto and Faro in 2010, it’s a fantastic country. :)